Enrolment to the first class
- Next enrolment
- The admission process will take place on April 3-5 2023. The invitation of children is based on an on-line application.
Information on enrolment
How enrolment works
Enrollment in the first class, which has a capacity of 18 children, is done individually with each child and his/her parent(s). The aim is to make the children look forward to the school after the enrollment. It is a nice and friendly meeting where we get to know the children and they and their parents get to know our school and the people who work there. The meeting will last no longer than 30 minutes.
Formal part of the process
It requires a completion of an online application form.
- Parents will bring the printed and signed application form to the enrolment.
Motivational part of the process
The motivational part of the enrollment, i.e. the interview with the child, is organized in the following way:
- getting to know the child and his/her parents
- motivating the child to start school
- screening assessment of the child's school maturity - using pictures, toys and other materials and talking about them (verbal abilities, skills and knowledge, perceptual accuracy)
Admission criteria (in accordance with the Decree of the Ministry of Education, no. MSMT-2842/2023-1 from 27.1.2023)
- presence of the future first-grader during the admission
- a sibling who is registered for education at our school
- fulfillment of the prerequisites for education according to the school curriculum
- permanent residence of the child in Prague 3
- (criteria are listed according to their significance; the admission is not dependent on completing all four criteria)
- Tuition fees for 2023/2024
The annual tuition fee is 110 000 CZK. We have a 25% discount on tuition fees for siblings. This applies to each additional sibling of a pupil. The school fee covers:
- Tandem teaching (presence of two teachers in each class)
- All-day programme (morning and afternoon school clubs)
- Learning support through a teaching assistant
- Activities of the Support and Guidance Centre
- Textbooks and other learning aids
- School information system Edookit
- Costs of running the school premises
- Teacher training and development
FAQs for enrollment
How is the enrollment process?
The enrollment takes place each year in spring and it is always organized individually for each applicant and his/her family. The exact time of the enrollment is arranged with each individual on the basis of the so-called pre-enrollment form (a simple form which parents fill in to indicate their interest in the enrollment). Our enrollments are playful, non-violent and enjoyable for children and parents. The goal is to get to know each other and raise children's motivation to learn.
How do I find out the results of the admissions process?
We inform parents about the results of the admission procedure in writing and on the school's website.
How many pupils are in the class?
We always have a maximum of 18 children in a class.
Is there an adaptation programme for the first graders at ZŠ Poznávání?
We invite all future first graders to meet their teachers in June. Furthermore, the whole September is an adaptation month. We start slowly, the children learn about the school, get acquainted with their teachers and classmates, adapt to school routine. If necessary, the parents of the children can also be involved in the adaptation and can be temporarily present in the classroom.